Why should you come to the UK for Christmas? Because duh, it rocks. Here are some specific reasons you should visit London Town and the UK in general over the Christmas period. Ok, let’s do this.
- It hasn’t rained in 3 days. This window is closing so hurry up, book your ticket and come. Oh and bring your brollie/umbrella.
- Flights to the UK are REALLY cheap now. So, come. Please.
- Christmas markets. Yup. Christmas markets litter every town, village and city in the UK. They are pretty fab. I recently attended one in Bath. It was GREAT. At Christmas markets, sole traders sell crafts, food, mulled wine, German sausages, French cheeses, toffee and much, much more. It is also fun to ‘haggle’ with them regarding the price. I do it ALL the time. ‘How much for this mistletoe my good sir?’ I asked. The man replied, ‘for you Missus, it is a fiver (£5.00).’ I responded: ‘Oh, ok. I only have £2.75 (bold face lie-I had £20). He replied: ‘Would you like paper or plastic?’ Transaction completed and I walked away quickly, smiling like a fool.
- Ice skating in London. Get your skates on mate, there are some really lovely places to go ice skating in London. Check them out here:
5. If you do come, there will be a plethora of mince pies (fruit-not meat) and mulled wine at almost every corner. So delicious.
6. If you come to the UK for Christmas, you will see the London Eye decorated. While there, enjoy the street performers,greasy foods and roasted chestnuts as you walk around. Lots of tourists here-so you should have NO problem fitting in. Hey, might as well go on the London Eye while you are there.
Of course there are tons more reasons why you should come to the UK for Christmas, but I have listed a few of my fav’s. And hey, if you come for Christmas, I may even buy you a pint of Guinness. Everyone wins. Merry Christmas.