Greetings from London Town. As an honorary Brit, I am happy to help you in any way possible in which would facilitate your next trip to Blighty (England). American translation: hi y’all, happy to help.
The following is a list of how to make an Englishman cross:
1. Jump the queue (line). Never do this. This happened to me yesterday. I had to put my fellow Brit straight. So, I said: ‘oh hello, did you not SEE the queue?’ The silence was audible but I think I made my point.
2. Eat from the bottom tray of chocolates-even though the first level still has chocolates. Crazy I know. But trust me on this one.
3. Leaving 1 tbs of milk in the container. I think this is pretty much universal.
4. Serving tea without biscuits. Of course the Brits are so polite they wont tell you. But I am telling you. You can thank me later.
5. Never offering to make tea. Again, trust me on this one.
6. Looking for your ticket at the ticket turnstile on the underground-and making people wait for you to find it at the very bottom of your bag. You will make enemies this way when you really ought to be making friends.
7. Say to an English person ‘I really like your accent’. Please don’t do this. Think friends. You want them.
There are more, but that should be sufficient for now. American translation: That’s it. End of.